Friday, February 24, 2012

Bible Study on 1 Peter: Week 7


Week 7:

1 Peter 3:13 - 4:6

"Stand Strong When Wronged"

Here is the question from the publisher that I will answer this week:


1 Peter 3:15 tells us to "always be prepared" to engage others in conversation about our faith. When you envision a woman witnessing for Christ, what do you see? Now compare/contrast that woman to yourself. Are you an effective witness?

  • This verse really hit home for me when doing the study this week. I think one of the best ways to be prepared to give an answer to others about your beliefs is by knowing Scripture from memory, and I need to work on this area. Fortunately, my current women's group is starting to focus on this more and more.
  • I think another way to be a good witness is by being an example. Anyone who has kids knows that they will follow what you do more than what you say. Live your life in such a way that those around you will wonder - why does she seem different? How can she have such joy in the face of suffering? I want what she has!
  • I have also found over the years that the best way for me to witness to others is through relationships. I am definitely not the type to just go up to someone on the street and ask them if they know Christ. But if I can find someone who I can form a relationship with - a co-worker, someone at church, another mom in a playgroup - that one-on-one contact, over time, can lead to some wonderful conversations that either plant seeds or lead to someone becoming a follower of Christ. Even just telling someone your own personal testimony can be enough to get them thinking in the right direction.

Join me next week as we study 1 Peter 4:7-19:  "Persevere with the End in Mind."

You can read my thoughts on previous weeks of this study here:


Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6

No comments:

Post a Comment