Friday, February 3, 2012

Bible Study on 1 Peter: Week 4


Week 4:


1 Peter 2: 11-25

"Shadow the Servant"

Here is the question from the publisher that I am going to answer this week:

Core 2 is titled "Living for Christ in a Hostile Society." How do you think our society compares to that of the original audience? Better? Worse? The same? How can Peter's message still speak to us today?
  • Although there are some difficulties that Christians in America face, I think the society in which Peter and the early Christians lived was more hostile than what we deal with today. The Early Church was a direct affront to both the religious (Jewish) and political (Roman) powers. Public abuse and even government-sanctioned executions of Christians were a part of everyday life. While I might be ridiculed by individuals for my beliefs, I do not fear the for my life or safety by those in authority.
  • While this is the case in the United States, Christians in other countries do not have this freedom. Some of them are living in much the same society as those in the Early Church, and their faith under such harsh circumstances brings glory to God and should be an encouragement to us. (The Voice of the Martyrs)
  • Core Two makes the point that we should submit to the authority in our lives as long as what we are doing does not go against God's commands.

Join me next week as we study 1 Peter 3: 1-7:  "Strengthen the Sacred Mix."

You can read my thoughts on previous weeks of this study here:
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment