Monday, October 3, 2011

"Hook, Line, & Sinker" Review

Hook, Line, and Sinker by Susan May Warren is a novella that I received as a digital review copy from Tyndale Publishers and NetGalley.

Ross Springer is the leader of the New Life campus group at Bethel College in Minnesota, but he is in over his head…in more ways than one.

Abigail Cushman leads the dwindling Sojourner group on campus and has plans to stick around after graduation to become an assistant professor.

 When the Deep Haven annual fishing contest throws Ross and Abigail back together after their time apart, they may end up reeling in more than they bargained for.

For those who have read the Deep Haven books by this author (read my review of My Foolish Heart here), you will be familiar with the setting and even a few of the characters in this short story. I liked reading this novella (which I finished in practically one sitting) about two groups of college kids. I really enjoyed my campus group when I was a college student, and this story brought back some fond memories of that time for me.

Since this is a novella, the story goes at a much quicker pace than most. However, it was a nice read by an author that I have come to enjoy.

I will give Hook, Line, and Sinker by Susan May Warren … 3 ½ BookWorms.



This title is available a an ebook for $1.99 at many online retailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment