Friday, March 9, 2012

Bible Study on 1 Peter: Week 9



Week 9:


1 Peter 5:1-14


"Strengthening the Sacred Kin"


Here we are at the final week of the study through 1 Peter! I have been encouraged by this study, and I hope you have, too. It was great to do this through my blog because it held me accountable to do my Bible study every week!

For this last week, here is the question from the publisher that I will answer:

1 Peter 5 speaks to two generations: the elders and younger people. How important do you feel it is for the older generation to encourage the younger generation on their faith journey? Does your church offer resources for its members to mentor others? If so, how have you participated? If not, what can you do to help your church develop a mentor ministry?

  • I think it is very important for the older generation to encourage the younger generation on their faith jouney. People who have already been through your stage of life can be an excellent resource for advice with a given situation, especially if they help you with that situation based on the truth from the Bible.
  • I think our church does an excellent job of this. We have all kinds of studies and mentoring and teaching that takes place that gives the younger generation or those who are new to the faith help and hope to live for Christ in your every day life.
  • I have participated in these things at my church from the 'younger generation' side ever since we joined our church in 2003. I am beginning to see ways that I can also be a  mentor, and I hope to have more opportunities for this in the future.
That wraps up our 9-week study of 1 Peter. I will leave you with some verses from chapter 5 that I think sums up the book of 1 Peter very well:

10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 5:10-11 (NIV)




You can read my thoughts on previous weeks of this study here:


Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8

No comments:

Post a Comment