Thursday, August 25, 2011

Women of Faith

This past weekend, I was able to attend the Women of Faith event in Indianapolis. The theme for the weekend was Imagine, which was taken from Ephesians 3:20..."Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."

There were so many great speakers at this event. I enjoyed the Friday night and Saturday sessions, but I actually got the most out of the Friday morning and afternoon 'pre-conference' sessions. Dr. Henry Cloud and Sheila Walsh were wonderfully convicting during those Friday sessions.

The worship music at this event was outstanding, as was the music by Natalie Grant and Erica Campbell. I enjoyed each time of worship very much. And, as you can see from the picture below, I had a great seat! Fourth row!




Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the weekend:

"Don't treat talking with God like dial-up internet...connect, upload, download, and then disconnect. Treat it like DSL...it's an open connection." --- Summarized from Dr. Henry Cloud
"You have not lived an unloved moment of your life." --- Sheila Walsh
"God will take those broken pieces and recreate something beautiful to treasure." --- Nicole Johnnson 
"God doesn't just tolerate us...He delights in us!" --- Lisa Harper
 "You are the daughter of the King...a princess." --- Natalie Grant

 "I have been there, I have called His name, and He has answered me. He will do the same for you." --- Angie Smith
 Speaking to her son: "The bigger the trouble, the faster you run home." --- Sheila Walsh
"For you who sit in front of your full cup...why do you wait?" --- Luci Swindoll

By far the highlight of the weekend for me was Natalie Grant's rendition of "It Is Well with My Soul." It was so moving.


I am so very grateful to Thomas Nelson, BookSneeze, and Women of Faith for this amazing weekend. I would love to do it again!


Below is a video of "It Is Well" by Natalie Grant. (Much gratitude to my new friend http://heatherlconrad.com/ for the use of this video.)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment